Welcome! I am Dr. Angela Hardin, a naturopathic physician. I am currently practicing integrative care in Portland, Oregon. My work is focused in both a private practice setting at ila Health and as adjunct faculty at the National University of Natural Medicine, where I finished my schooling followed by three years of residency. The majority of my practice is dedicated to providing integrative mental health care. My patients can expect to discuss the full spectrum of treatment options, including pharmaceuticals, botanicals, and energetic medicines.
When I was a kid, I pretended to be a detective and spy. I carried a tape recorder with me and would secretly record my everyday conversations with people as a way of searching for “hidden clues”. That same desire to dig into the unknown led me onto the path of medicine. Now instead of carrying a tape recorder, I make chart notes, read books, and scour medical research articles, looking for clues to help me crack the case.
Rewind many years ago to where I was sitting in a college class in Texas, when I interrupted my professor’s presentation on pharmaceutical and surgical management of sports injuries to ask about natural treatment options. He told me that there was no place for alternative medicine, because there was no research proving its efficacy. It was at that moment that I knew I was in the wrong place. Years later, I completed my medical training in Naturopathic Medicine at the National University of Natural Medicine (NUNM). Finally, the shoe fit!
My top priority as a physician is to provide my patients with an integrative, well-rounded approach to their healthcare. I believe in equal-access to integrative, individualized medicine for all. It is what we all deserve.
- Phunthanateerakul N, Hardin A. Role of Intravenous Glutathione and High-Dose Vitamin C in Adult Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Adjunctive Therapy. Journal of Health Science and Alternative Medicine. Under Peer Review
- Fuller L, Moehle J, Hardin A. Suspected Recurrence of Cranial Neuralgia Following Infection With SARS-CoV-2: A Case Report. Integrative Medicine: A Clinician’s Journal. 2022 May;21(2):42-46. PMID: 35702490
- Moehle J, Fuller L, Hardin A. Fish Oil and BCQä as a Novel Treatment Approach to Primary Erythromelalgia: A Case Study. Integrative Medicine: A Clinician’s Journal. 2021 Aug;20(4):40-45. PMID: 34602876
- Codino H, Hardin A. Low Dose Naltrexone in Conjunction with the Wahls Protocol to Reduce the Frequency of Chronic Migraines in a Patient with Multiple Sclerosis: A Case Study. Integrative Medicine: A Clinician’s Journal. 2021 Jun;20(3):30-34. PMID: 34377098
- Hardin A, Corn J. Naturopathic Treatment of an Inflamed Epidermoid Cyst: A Case Report. Integrative Medicine: A Clinician’s Journal. 2020: 19(6):32-35. PMID: 33488308
- Hardin A, Baldwin-Sayre C. L-Methylfolate as a Monotherapy for Treatment-Resistant Depression: A Case Study. Integrative Medicine: A Clinician’s Journal. 2020: 19(5). PMID: 33132780
- Hardin A. Womxn in Medicine Series. Bias in Medicine: Barriers to Wellness. Presentation presented at the: 2019; NUNM.